This policy is effective from October 15, 2018.
Who are we?
We are an online resource for building, supporting, & encouraging creative businesses, founded by Jason Naylor.
Unfold: Your Photography Business Coach (herein referred to as “Unfold”) is a division of WE DO Photography & Design Limited.
Our website address is: https://unfoldyour.biz.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Unfold enables users to provide information in various ways.
You can browse the Website and/or watch video content anonymously (although cookies may be collected) however you will not be able to access our services anonymously.
Once you access our services, including for example by signing up for a paid or free lesson, entering a competition that we are running, requesting information from us, subscribing to our products and services, or applying for a coaching service, we will begin collecting your personal information in accordance with this policy.
Contact forms collect a variety of information, typically including Name, Email address, Business Website URL, and perhaps further personal or business information.
The online courses, including “12 Weeks to Wedding Photography Marketing Mastery”, collect various personal and business information. This information is kept securely (see “Security” below), and may only be utilized for situations as outlined in “Use Of Data”.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select "Remember Me", your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
Analytics packages used on this Website may include Google Analytics, CrazyEgg, ClickTale, Woopra, and are subject to change.
If you provide us with a testimonial, you give us your consent to use your name and testimonial wording on our website or other marketing material.
You also give us permission to store this information in our records together with your email address.
We also may share your personal information when required to do so by law or with our professional advisers to obtain advice, for instance if there is a breach of the terms and conditions, or to meet our accounting or compliance obligations.
Who we share your personal data with
No one. Absolutely no one.
We are the sole owners of the information collected on the Site.
(Exceptions include Analytics and the Facebook Pixel code.)
Use of Data
Unfold uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent, and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
- To send you newsletters and promotions in conjunction with your use of our Services. If you do not wish to receive newsletters you may unsubscribe by clicking the unsubscription link in the newsletter e-mail.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
- Wherever we collect sensitive information, that information is encrypted and transmitted to us by secure servers.
- We use commercially suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect on our Site. These procedures include, but are not limited to, encryption, passwords, and physical security.
- Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
You are responsible for keeping your password for My Account a secret. Never give your password to anyone, even someone claiming to be an owner, employee, independent contractor, agent, affiliate or related in any manner to Unfold.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
For users that enroll / purchase a Course, we also store the completed course results, which are retained indefinitely.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
We may change this Policy from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you are satisfied with any changes.
Any questions or concerns regarding these policies and our privacy practices should be sent by email to support (at) unfoldyour.biz.